Blog 11/7/2018
Over the last weekend Professor Furman had told the team that it would be cheaper and quicker idea to just buy a pre existing wheel, cut out the center, and then mount the motor within that. I decided to do some digging into that idea, but I wasn't able to find wheels that I was satisfied with. Also, I'm unsure of how structurally sound attaching the motors to the center of a preexisting wheel would be. I talked with the team, and we've come up with a new design. Instead of a two halves of the wheel coming together over the motor, we're going to design one part of the wheel as 3/4 of the way across the motor and have a thinner plate on the other side. This would be an easier thing to manufacture, and it would also solve the problem of joining the two sections of the wheel.
Comments
Post a Comment