Blog 10/31/18
This week has been mostly CAD and some research as far as mounting the housing to the motor is going. The plans from the week before hasn't changed, so I've just been working more on designing and coming up with new designs for the motor's housing. A big concern of mine has been designing the case so that it fits tightly to the motor and doesn't slip. To combat this, I've been looking into having a bead lock type system. What it is is a ring placed around the rim of a wheel and then bolted to the wheel. The idea is that it will keep the tire from slipping. I'm hoping that doing something similar, but closer to the shaft will help keep the housing attached to the motor. I might be over thinking it however, and am planning to go over the designs with my team the next meeting, and Professor Furman if I feel like they are ready for manufacturing.
Comments
Post a Comment